Jobs Victoria Fund
Wage subsidies of up to $20,000 per employee for eligible employers who hire eligible jobseekers.
Are you looking to hire or have hired since 16 March 2021? The Jobs Victoria Fund provides eligible Victorian businesses, sole traders, social enterprises and organisations with a share of $250 million in wage subsidies to create new jobs for at least 10,000 people.
Wage subsidies of up to $20,000 per employee are available for employers to take on new, permanent or fixed-term eligible employees from the following priority groups with a minimum of 19 hours a week for the first 12 months of employment. You can apply for a wage subsidy for up to 20 full-time equivalent employees, depending on the size of your business. Casual employees are not eligible for this subsidy.
PRIORITY JOBSEEKER GROUPS
- women aged over 45 years
- jobseekers who are long-term unemployed (unemployed for 6 months or more)
- jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria partner
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people seeking asylum/refugees
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- young people aged under 25
- people over 45 years
- people previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative
The subsidy amount paid will depend on each employee and whether the job is full-time or part-time.
EMPLOYER ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONS – (Yes/No answers)
- I am an employer currently operating in Victoria.
- I have employed new staff on or after 16 March 2021, and I intend to employ new staff for at least 12 months, on a permanent or fixed-term basis.
- The new staff come from at least one of the priority groups of jobseekers.
- I am/will be the direct employer of the new employee.
- The jobs that I am applying for pay a salary of less than $120,000 per annum (plus superannuation).
- I am one of the following: a private sector business, and/or a sole trader, and/or a social enterprise, and/or an Aboriginal business.
- Payroll for my business was less than $20 million for the last financial year.
If you are an employer interested in applying for the Jobs Victoria Fund and answered “yes” to all the questions above, you might be eligible for the Jobs Victoria Fund. Please go through the Guidelines from the link below for further information. Remember, you must hire employees from these priority groups before applying for the Fund. If you meet all the eligibility criteria and supply the necessary information, you will receive funding, subject to the availability of funds and conditions.
- For more information: https://jobs.vic.gov.au/about-jobs-victoria/our-programs/jobs-victoria-fund
- Jobs Victoria Fund Guidelines: https://jobs.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/510739/Jobs-Victoria-Fund-Guidelines.pdf
- To apply: https://businessvic.secure.force.com/PublicForm?id=jvofr1-2021#no-back-button